Message from Sheriff Seal
As 2016 ends and 2017 begins, I want to extend best wishes for a safe and prosperous New Year from all the staff at the Washington Parish Sheriff’s Office. We look forward to working with you in 2017 as we continue our efforts to help keep Washington Parish safe.
Since I became your Sheriff in 2012, we have worked hard to provide the level of honesty, integrity and service that you deserve. Our commitment to always do what is right will continue throughout 2017 and beyond. We will never cease in our efforts to pursue and arrest those who commit crimes against the honest citizens of our parish and we will never cease to honor our commitment to duty.
I also want to remind residents of Washington Parish about some general fireworks safety tips:
• Know your fireworks; read the cautionary labels and performance descriptions before igniting
• A responsible adult SHOULD supervise all fireworks activities. Never give fireworks to children.
• Alcohol and fireworks DO NOT MIX.
• Wear safety glasses when shooting fireworks.
• Light one firework at a time and then quickly move away.
• Use fireworks OUTDOORS in a clear area; away from building and vehicles.
• Never relight a “dud” firework. Wait 20 minutes and then soak in a bucket of water.
• Always have a bucket of water and charged hose nearby.
• Never carry fireworks in your pocket or shoot them into metal or glass containers.
• Do not experiment with homemade fireworks.
• After fireworks complete their burning, douse the spent device with plenty of water before discarding it to prevent a trash fire.
During the upcoming year, I ask all parish residents to join me in daily prayer as we lift up all those who serve us on the local, state and national level.
Happy New Year and may God Bless America!