On a cold, rainy and windy morning, Washington Parish Sheriff Randy Seal led a contingent of multi-agency officers throughout the parish in search of drug dealers. On February 24, with warrants in hand, officers from the Washington Parish Sheriff’s Office, Franklinton Police Department, Rayburn Correctional Center and Louisiana Probation and Parole began the search for the identified drug dealers.
Heading out with fourteen arrest warrants, officers were able to locate and arrest ten drug dealers. The remaining four have been entered into the national criminal justice database and the Sheriff’s Office will continue to seek them.
Three persons were arrested for Distribution of Heroin and are being held in the Washington Parish Jail . They are:
- Jordan Scott Burris, 21, a resident of Smith Road in Franklinton, is being held on a $101,150 bond.
- James Bruce Graves, 58, a resident of Highway 25 in Franklinton, is being held on a $100,000 bond.
- Rodriguez Lorenzo Daniels, 34, a resident of the Blackjack community north of Franklinton, is being held on a $100,000 bond.
Seven others were arrested for sale of either Methamphetamine, Marijuana or Controlled Dangerous Substances (pills). They are:
- Marsha Dowes Knight, 47, a resident of Hwy 25 in Franklinton, is being held on a $75,000 bond.
- Shanta L. Dowes, 30, a resident of Highway 25 in Franklinton, is being held on a $75,000 bond.
- Cody T. Crawford, 34, a resident of Main Street in Franklinton, is being held on a $75,000 bond.
- Melinda Graves Sumrall, 53, a resident of Hamilton Street in Franklinton, is being held on a $75,000 bond.
- Lyndlee Alana Watson, 27, a resident of Jimmy Smith Road in Franklinton, is being held on a $75,000 bond.
- Tommi Jo Martin, 25, a resident of Okatoma River Road in Hattiesburg, Mississippi, is being held on a $75,000 bond.
- Theresa Mixon Miller, 40, a resident of Shorty Bush Road in Bogalusa, is being held on a $75,000 bond.
Four additional persons being sought for selling drugs are:
- Juan DeJesus Magee, 33, last known address being Anthony Road in Franklinton, is wanted for Distribution of Heroin.
- Gary Michael Becker, Jr., 34, last known address being Hoyt Stafford Road in Franklinton, is wanted for Distribution of Heroin.
- Terrell Hoffman, 33, a resident of Montgomery Street in Bogalusa, is wanted for distribution of illegal drugs.
- Pamela Sue Duhon, 31, a resident of Pigotts Crossing in Bogalusa, is wanted for distribution of illegal drugs. Duhon is possibly in the Sandy Hook, Mississippi, area.
While conducting the round up, officers were also able to locate and arrest Montier Lewis, 27, a resident of Reid Simmons Road in Mt. Hermon. Lewis was wanted on an outstanding warrant for Burglary of an Inhabited Dwelling and remains in the Washington Parish Jail with bond set at $10,000.
Sheriff Randy Seal said, “This was a good day for the law-abiding citizens of Washington Parish. We were able to identify and arrest several drug dealers who have been plaguing our parish. I always enjoy being with these fine law enforcement officers and watching them do their job. They are a tremendous asset to our parish and I am grateful to all of them for their fine work. As we go about our routine daily tasks in peace, it is because they are out there every day protecting us and helping to provide a safe environment for the good people of Washington Parish.”
Sheriff Seal continued, “This message is for the four drug dealers who eluded us this week. It would be in your best interest to turn yourself in, because we are going to find you, cuff you and put you in jail. There is always room for one more in our jail and that one more is going to be you.”