Home Inmate Roster Most Wanted Press Releases Sex Offenders Contact Us
Washington Parish Sheriff's Office
Sign Up for Alerts
Like Us on Facebook! Visit Mobile Site Community Events Blog
Calendar E-Newsletter Employment FAQs Hot Cases History of the Sheriff
Frequently Asked Questions - Expand All Hide All

How do I order a police report?

Incident Reports are available by reporting in person to the Washington Parish Sheriff’s Office (Criminal Division). Hour of operation are from Monday-Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm (except holidays). To expedite your request, please have your incident case number ready when contacting our office

How do I mail something to the WPSO Administration Office

1002 Main Street
Franklinton, LA 70427

Washington Parish Jail Mail/ Miscellaneous Mail
P.O. Box 677
Franklinton, LA 70438

Sales Tax
P.O. Box 508
Franklinton, LA 70438

Property Tax
P.O. Box 544
Franklinton, LA 70438

Sex Offenders

Where do I register as a Sex Offender?

Registration is done Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (except holidays).


How do I research Sex Offender living in my community?

www.sexoffender.com is an Nationwide database by Department of Public Safety.

What do I do when I see an emergency vehicle running code (lights and siren) behind me?

Slow down and pull to the right side of the roadway letting the emergency vehicle pass. Do not pull to the left or stop in the roadway. Emergency personnel are trained to pass on the left and never on the right to avoid collisions and make it through traffic safely.

I need to be fingerprinted for a job or other reason, does Washington Parish Sheriff’s Office do public fingerprinting?

Yes, there is a $20.00 fee and prints are done on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. in the Criminal Office upstairs (second door on the left).

How do I get bond info or visitation?

Please contact the Jail for information, 985-839-3434

I loaned my personal property to someone and they are refusing to return it. Who do I call?

Contact your local Justice of the Peace (JP) and request to file within his/her court. The current list can be located here.

How do I report the activity of Illegal Aliens/Smuggling?

Call United States Border Patrol (504) 376-2830. However, if life threatening, call 911.

I wish to obtain a burn permit. What steps do I take?

Contact local fire department and obtain a permit. Also, make courtesy notification to local law enforcement agency.

How do I find out the status of my case? How do I give additional information on my case?

Please contact the Washington Parish District Attorney’s Office at 985-839-6711.

I would like to file a complaint on a Washington Parish Sheriff’s Office employee. How do I do that?

Please contact Chief Deputy Mike Haley. Chief Haley has an office in Franklinton. 985-839-3434

How do I apply for the position of Reserve Deputy Sheriff?

Please contact Chief Mike Haley for further information 985-839-3434

What type of activity should I report?

Any type of criminal or suspicious activity should be reported. When calling, please be specific. We need to know what activity you have observed and what causes you to believe the situation is criminal or suspicious. Please try to provide as much information as possible, such as vehicle descriptions, clothing and physical descriptions of suspicious persons, and good location information where the activity is occurring.

Examples of suspicious activity can include, but are not limited to: Someone checking out or "casing" a property, someone trying to break into a residence or vehicle, drug activity, shots fired within town or city limits, vehicles or people that are unfamiliar to the area or exhibiting unusual behavior. If you are in doubt, call.

Why does the operator keep asking me questions? If they just sent a deputy, they would find out all they need to know.

As the reporting party, you are the first and only source of information until a deputy arrives on scene. Dispatchers are deputies too! They are trained to ask specific questions relevant to a law enforcement or emergency response. In the time it takes for our deputies to drive to a location, particularly one that is volatile, many things can change. A suspect may leave, a medical condition may change, or more people can arrive wanting to fight. The more information you can provide the better chance deputies have of apprehending a suspect, bringing a fight under control, or preventing injuries. Please keep in mind we are probably completely unfamiliar with your situation, so please use names when describing relationships. The first thing a dispatcher needs to know is where you are.

Why do they send a deputy even though I called back and told them everything was okay?

There are several types of reports that law enforcement responds to that may not be cancelled by the caller: Domestic violence, child or adult abuse, robbery calls, and 911 hang-ups. These calls are rarely cancelled even if you call back to tell us everything is fine. The reason is a victim can be easily coerced into sounding convincing while telling the dispatcher that everything is okay. Some situations require the physical presence of law enforcement to verify that everyone is safe.

Do I have a warrant?

Contact us to find out if you have a warrant issued through Washington Parish. The police department for your city or town may have issued a warrant independently. You would need to contact them and ask that they check in their systems.

I've missed some payments on my court ordered fine and I probably have a warrant, how do I take care of it without being arrested?

Contact the court that ordered the fine to make arrangements to appear before the judge.

I know a certain person has a warrant for his/her arrest and I know where they can be found.

Contact the nearest law enforcement agency for the area of where the wanted person can be found and provide them with the information of where the wanted person can be found.

How do I apply for a position with WP Sheriff's Office?

All internal and external candidates may apply by filling out an employment application at either the WSPO Office in Franklinton or the Substation in Bogalusa. You can also contact WPSO Human Resources 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday thru Friday, excluding holidays, or by calling 985-732-5890. This office is located at the WPSO Substation in Bogalusa.

How do I order an accident report?

If you would like to retrieve an Accident Report you can come in person to the WPSO Criminal Division located on the 2nd floor of the WPSO Office in Franklinton, LA.

Crime Tip HOTline - Submit via Email - click here
Emergency - Dial 911 - Phone 985-839-3434 (24 hours) Bogalusa, LA | Franklinton, LA | National Sheriffs' Association | Washington Parish Government

Phone: 985-839-3434 (24 hours) • Email • 1002 Main Street, P.O. Box 677, Franklinton, Louisiana 70438 Map
302 Mississippi Ave, Bogalusa, Louisiana 70427 • Administrative Office Hours: M-F 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM